- 2013 Assistant Professor in Philosophy at the University of São Paulo.
- 1997 Postdoctoral Research at the Stanford University, Stanford, USA
- 1995 PhD in Philosophy at the University of São Paulo.
- Title: The Problem of Destouches and Heterodox Logics: Essay on the Use of Non-Classical Logics in the Foundations of Physics
- Supervisor: Prof. Newton Carneiro Affonso da Costa.
- 1992 Master’s Degree in Philosophy at the University of São Paulo
- Title: Structure and logic of physical theories
- Supervisor: Prof. Newton Carneiro Affonso da Costa
- 1989 Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy at the University of São Paulo
Topics in abstract logic
Study on consequence structures of type (X, Cn) where X is a set and Cn is an operator on the parts of X called the consequence operator. Development of a geometric version for consequence operators with the notion of groups acting on sets. Study of the category of consequence structures and certain functors that can be defined in the same.
Model theory for infinitary languages
Studies on definability in first-order relational structures based on infinitary languages. Generalization of some theorems from specific branches of mathematics to the general case of model theory (Generalized Galois Theory). Development on the relationship between categoricity, homogeneity and the notion of strong isomorphism between substructures of a given structure.
|Pesquisador||Título da pesquisa||Categoria|
|LUIZA SILVA PORTO RAMOS||A new conception of abstract logic as a basis for definability theory||Doctorate Degree|
|DOUGLAS ALEXANDRE RODRIGUES||A Reinterpretation of the Notion of Quasi-Truth in Trivalent Logics||Doctorate Degree|
|EUCLIDES TORRES OMETTO STOLF||CATEGORIES, FIXED POINT AND INFORMATION||Doctorate Degree|
|MARCO ANTONIO ANTONELLI GAIARSA||Decision Theory: A logical and philosophical exploration of the classical context and of generalization alternatives||Master's degree|
|RODOLFO CUNHA CARNIER||Empirical adequacy as quasi-truth: A model-theoretic approach||Direct Doctorate|
|CHRISTIAN MARCEL DE AMORIM PERRET GENTIL DIT MAILLARD||Proto Topos||Doctorate Degree|
|MATHEUS DE ARAÚJO FERREIRA||The Axiom of Choice and the completeness of logical calculi: a study via Lindenbaum’s theorems.||Master's degree|